Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas Gifts!!

Guess what? I was blessed with a lot of Christmas gifts!
 
 Every Christmas Eve we go downstairs to a party with my grandparents and they give us gifts. I got some winter crocs (I can wear crocs all year long!!!!) and the boots were on Christmas day.
 Lately these years we've been going to our cousins' house (This year my other grandparents' house) on the 29th of December. There we have a Yankee Swap and another gift opening! I got the T-shirt from there, while the sweater was on Christmas Eve.
 You couldn't see what the T-shirt says so here it is. Funny, huh?
 I got some thinking putty from an early gift opening. It changes color depending to the heat.
 Sophie gave me this wallet early, while my grandparents gave the glasses fixing kit a couple days after Christmas.
 I got some Adventures in Odyssey albums. The first two (The Lost Episodes and Daring Deeds, Sinister Schemes) were on Christmas Eve, while I got the third one (Darkness Before Dawn) with a gift card for Morning Star I got on Christmas day.
 And I got this cool Sonic the Hedgehog Roller Racer in my stocking on Christmas day.
 I got an Angry Birds toy (game which includes cards) on the early gift opening, and at my grandparents' house, I got a Star Wars ReColoritz coloring book. (I really hate to say this, but I gave it to my sister, Sophie because I had no interest in it. :P) And on Christmas day, Sophie gave me a Mad Libs book she made.
 At my grandparents' house, I got a random LEGO minifigure. Although I don't know what it is, it's cool.
 On Christmas Eve, I got a $25 ITunes gift card, and at the Yankee Swap, I traded for another gift card that was $15!!! With both gift cards combined, that's a lot of money to buy songs!!!
 And best of all these gifts... A NINTENDO 3DS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had wanted this for years and I even started a savings account (which ended up as a game for the 3DS) to save up for it because I thought my parents couldn't afford it! This is an awesome machine! It is backwards compatible with regular DS games and it even has a camera!!! (which is the camera I have been using for this post!)
 The front (in a mirror)
 And the back (in... you know)
 A couple of days after Christmas, my Grammie gave me this case to go with it
 ...which is where I keep all my DS games! (From left: Mario Kart DS, Sonic Classics Collection, and...)
New Super Mario Bros.! This I got on Christmas day along with the 3DS! 
 
 
 
The things you don't see here are lots of candy (Mom had to put it away sometimes) gum, a Slim Jim, and beef jerky. It is no doubt that God has blessed me with tons of gifts! But we shouldn't forget what Christmas is all about. The greatest Christmas Gift of all is Jesus (the Son of God) who was born in a manger. John 3:16 says "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son so that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life." Amen! I wish you a merry Christmas and a happy New Year!


No comments: